Thursday, December 27, 2007

updates

a runner i made for my brother and his fiance. i'm really happy with the way it turned out.
another runner for my brother and sister-in-law. this project was the one that eventually led to my getting a new sewing machine. i'll always remember it for that.
a purse for my sis. i saw one in a store and decided "i can do that." so i did. i also made one for my sis-in-law but forgot to take a picture of it. i love the way you can change the ribbon to match whatever outfit you are wearing.
the patchwork afghan, 2/3rds done. luckily my sister in law is very understanding. i'll try to have it finished before she leaves for school. it's turning out wonderful. very thick and the colors are so vibrant.

while doing a lot of knitting over the holiday season i was able to watch two movies that i really enjoyed. the first one was called 'once' and the second one was the more popular "reign over me", with adam sandler giving a really stellar performance. he has come a long way from snl.

fyi, starting on sunday, january 13th, pbs will be playing 'the complete jane austen'. all 6 novels with 4 new adaptations. i'm very excited. check it out on pbs.org/janeausten. if you can't watch all of them let me recommend that you at least watch 'persuasion'. next to pride and prejudice it is my favorite of her novels.

No comments: