We had a wedding to attend this past weekend so last week I had to finish two projects. The first was a woven runner for the bride and groom.
It's an overshot pattern (my personal favorite) in a blue/green/grey wool and the back ground threads are cotton that run through a range of colors from pale yellow to copper. It didn't turn out as long as I hoped. Something most have went awry in the math.
The second project was to make a dress for gl to wear to the wedding using the leftover sheets from a previous rag rug.
You don't even need a pattern for something like this. It's made up of two rectangles sewn together on the sides with a thin elastic around the top and 4 thin straps that tie up on her shoulders. To determine the size of the rectangle I just used the circumference of her chest for the width (24") and then I measured from under her armpit to where I wanted the dress to end (above the knees) and added an inch and a half for the hem. The dress can be worn with or without the sash. I like it without but she likes it with. Then I added one of my flower pins to the top. From start to finish: 2 hours.
She can even bowl in it.